Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a ride”.
Never thought it’d happen, but I’m slowly-but-surely starting to become that way inclined…
- The PS1 startup sound
- The little sizzle a cigarette makes when dropped in water
- Covering up Paul Simon’s face on the Bridge Over Troubled Water album cover from the eyebrows down so it looks like Art Garfunkel’s got a massive moustache
- Mr. Blue Sky by ELO
- The little crackling noise on a vinyl record before the music starts
- That wonderful, fleeting moment when you complete that level on a videogame you’ve been stuck on for ages
- The smell of the pages of old comic books (the smell of recently printed comics just doesn’t quite cut it)
- Knowing that if quantum physics is true, there’s an infinite amount of universes where Simon Cowell is being hung, drawn and quartered
Not sure why I feel the urge to share this with you, but I digress. I suppose it is the little things that keep people going…
If there is a God, or any form of deity, please give us back Stanley Kubrick in exchange for Michael Bay
Don’t worry, I was surprised to learn teachers don’t do this too…
Shaft - the only man who can laugh at his own joke and still manage to be cool
All my scarring memories of Sylvester ‘whoops, there goes my helmet’ Stallone have finally gone! Any volunteers want to take me to see this again?